Barquat® MB Products
Biocidal action against microbial organisms Effective microbicide, deodorant, and algicide.
When used as an active ingredient in water treatment formulations, Barquat® MB has been found to provide effective biocidal action against a broad spectrum of microbial organisms such as bacteria, fungi, viruses and algae. This “first” generation quaternary ammonium compound delivers potent germicidal action in cooling water applications. Also available in 80% concentration.
There are variations available of our Barquat® MB product, find the correct application for you below.
- High germicidal activity in hard water
- Cationic surface-acting agent
- Fast-acting biocidal agents
- Moderately long duration of action
- Various carbon chain lengths
- Broad spectrum of efficacy (less defined carbon chain range (C8-C18)
- Greatest biocidal activity associated with the C12 (dodecyl) & C14 (myristil) alkyl derivatives.
- Commodity (price/registration)
- Highly foaming
- Sensitizing potential
Restrictions / Regulatory
Incompatible with soap or anionic surface active agents. Active substance is being supported under that particular Product Type of the BPR (Biocidal Product Regulation, European Union):
- PT2 Private area and public health area disinfectants and other biocidal product
- PT11 Preservatives for liquid-cooling and processing systems
- PT12 Slimicides
Regulation 1907/2006, article 15(2) Customers must ensure compliance with any local regulatory requirements which may apply to their end use product, formulated with this formulation.