Barquat® PQ and PQ-2 non-foaming cationic polymeric quaternary ammonium algaecides also act as a coagulation aid, helping water clarification. Barquat® PQ exhibits a 60% concentration in polyquat, whereas Barquat® PQ-2 exhibits a 50% concentration. Barquat® PQ and PQ-2 show a high degree of efficacy against bacteria and fungi. However, for optimal control in cooling water, Sigura recommends a supplementary oxidiser such as Dantobrom® RW.
At recommended concentrations, Barquat® PQ and PQ-2 algaecides are compatible with materials used in the construction of cooling towers and are compatible with most cationic and non-ionic surfactants. However, they are incompatible with anionic surfactants, as they would form a high molecular weight complex with them.
These products are readily soluble in water, enabling the production of the desired end-use formulation. Due to their non-foaming characteristics, there is no need for antifoam.
As an algaecide, it is a highly efficient, broad-spectrum biocide for the treatment of industrial water cooling systems.
- Effective against planktonic and sessile algae
- Multifunctional product : biodispersion, biocide and clarification
- Helps reduce unpleasant odours
- Helps reduce halogen demand and filter clogging
- Stable in hard water and over a broad pH and temperature range
- Non-foaming, simple to use and formulate
- Synergy with halogens
- Easy to monitor
- Slow acting and non-corrosive
Enter your email address to get the latest whitepapers and case studies as soon as they are available